TERMS OF REFERENCE
Project “Moldova against All Discrimination”
|Application Deadline :||5 May 2020 (Midnight MOLDOVA time)|
|Employment type:||Part-time (55%)|
|Duration of the contract||From 18 May 2020 – 27 February 2021|
|Languages Required :||Romanian, English|
|Starting Date||18 May 2020|
„Moldova against all forms of discrimination” is financially support by the European Union and implemented by IREX Europe in partnership with Gender Centre and GENDERDOC-M Information Centre. The project is aimed at fighting discrimination against women/the LGBT community and promoting gender equality in the Republic of Moldova through two main components which are 1) building capacity of women/LGBT organisations and activists and 2) increasing public awareness on gender equality issues.
The specific objectives and expected results of the project are:
- To build the capacities of women’s/LGBT rights organisations and activists to better promote women’s and LGBT rights
- To advocate and raise awareness to promote gender equality and prevent all forms of discrimination against women and LGBT communities
In order to implement communication and visibility strategy of the project, Gender Centre together with the project partners, IREX Europe and GENDERDOC-M, are looking for a Communication Expert who will be responsible for the following responsibilities.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the development and implementation of communication and outreach/advocacy strategy
- Lead the development and dissemination of advocacy materials in the region
- Manage and develop the Moldovan content for the Women Platform – an online resource for women’s rights activists and NGOs in a number of Eurasian countries
- Build and maintain partnerships and relations with donors and media actors and networks
- Oversee the PEG web/ online presence, including developing and revising content;
- Facilitate knowledge building and sharing
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree, or Bachelor’s degree with equivalent experience, in Journalism, Communications or other closely related field (lack of academic degree can be compensated by experience);
- At least 3 years of professional experience for Master’s degree level or at least 5 years of professional experience for Bachelor degree level in generating communications, communication strategies, media operations and advocacy material via various media (i.e. print, video, websites);
- Demonstrated substantive experience in drafting high quality communications products;
- Proficiency and experience with media and social media software, applications and communication tools;
- Familiarity with web content creation.
- Understanding of the issues of gender equality in Moldova is highly desirable;
- Experience in conducting campaigns on the issues of social development;
- Experience of working with international organizations is an asset.
Excellent English communication skills.
Fluency in Romanian and Russian
Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
Excellent organization and planning and presentation skills;
Ability to work as a team and independently;
Ability to work effectively with deadlines;
Creativity and initiative;
Excellent PC skills (MSOffice, graphic, data visualization software);
Proactive and results-oriented person.
Evaluation: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Deadline for submitting the application: 5 May 2020 (midnight Moldova time)
Interested candidates should send CV with examples of the campaigns and advocacy initiatives they organized and/or sufficiently contributed to Nina Lozinschi by e-mail email@example.com.