TERMS OF REFERENCE
Project “Moldova against All Discrimination”
|Application Deadline :||25 May 2021 (Midnight MOLDOVA time)|
|Employment type:||Part-time (55%)|
|Duration of the contract||From 8 June 2021 – 27 February 2022|
|Languages Required :||Romanian, English|
|Starting Date||8 June 2021|
“Moldova against all forms of discrimination” is financially support by the European Union and implemented by ERIM (formerly IREX Europe), in partnership with Gender Centre and GENDERDOC-M Information Centre. The project is aimed at fighting discrimination against women/the LGBT community and promoting gender equality in the Republic of Moldova through two main components which are 1) building capacity of women/LGBT organisations and activists and 2) increasing public awareness on gender equality issues.
The specific objectives and expected results of the project are:
- To build the capacities of women’s/LGBT rights organisations and activists to better promote women’s and LGBT rights
- To advocate and raise awareness to promote gender equality and prevent all forms of discrimination against women and LGBT communities
In order to implement communication and visibility strategy of the project, Gender Centre together with the project partners, ERIM (formerly IREX) and GENDERDOC-M, are looking for a Communication Expert who will be responsible for the following responsibilities.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the development and implementation of communication and outreach/advocacy strategy
- Lead the development and dissemination of advocacy materials in the region
- Manage and develop the Moldovan content for the Women Platform – an online resource for women’s rights activists and NGOs in a number of Eurasian countries
- Build and maintain partnerships and relations with donors and media actors and networks
- Oversee the PEG web/ online presence, including developing and revising content;
- Facilitate knowledge building and sharing
Required Skills and Experience
- University degree in Journalism, Communications, Social Studies or other closely related field (lack of academic degree can be compensated by experience);
- At least 2 years of professional experience in generating communications, communication strategies, media operations and advocacy material via various media (i.e. print, video, websites);
- Strongly motivated to work on communication, initiative, quick learner;
- Fluency in Romanian and Russian; excellent English communication skills.
- Demonstrated substantive experience in drafting high quality communications products;
- Proficiency and experience with media and social media software, applications and communication tools;
- Familiarity with web content creation.
- Understanding of the issues of gender equality in Moldova is highly desirable.
- Experience in conducting campaigns on the issues of social development;
- Experience of working with international organizations is an asset.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
Excellent organization and planning and presentation skills;
Ability to work as a team and independently;
Ability to work effectively with deadlines;
Creativity and initiative;
Excellent PC skills (MSOffice, graphic, data visualization software);
Proactive and results-oriented person.
Evaluation: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Deadline for submitting the application: 25 May 2021 (midnight Moldova time)
Interested candidates should send CV with examples of the campaigns and advocacy initiatives they organized and/or sufficiently contributed to Nina Lozinschi by e-mail email@example.com.